Friday, June 18, 2010

Pasta with Sundried Tomatoes and Avocado


This pasta is SO good! I have had a jar of sun dried tomatoes sitting in my pantry for about 2 months now while I've mustered up the courage to use them. I loath tomatoes. But these, oh I love these! They are "change your life good". I found it here.

1/2 lb. pasta, cooked as directed on package
1/2 c. sun dried tomatoes, packed in oil
1-2 tsp. crushed garlic
1-2 Tbsp. fresh basil or 1 tsp. dried basil
pinch of red pepper flakes
1-2 large avocados, chopped
Parmesan cheese, shredded

Drain excess oil from tomatoes and saute with garlic on medium heat for several minutes. Add basil, red pepper flakes and salt to taste. Toss with hot pasta and gently stir in avocado. Top with Parmesan cheese

1 comment:

JNew said...

I made this and we loved it!