Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Buttery Peas with Thyme


My 2 year old LOVES vegetables. I have yet to find one that she will not eat. Yeah, weird huh. My husband and I on the other hand a little more picky about them. So I am always looking for ways to jazz up vegetable for us adults. I found this again on My Kitchen Cafe. Very yummy!

2 Tbsp. butter
1/2 c. yellow onion, chopped
2 tsp. sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 c. frozen peas
1/2 tsp. dried thyme
1/4 tsp. black pepper

In a non-stick skillet melt butter on medium heat then add onion, sugar and salt. Cook until onion is softened, about 2 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in peas and thyme and cook, stirring often, until the peas are just heated through, about 3 minutes. Season with black pepper and serve immediately.

No comments: