Friday, January 1, 2010

French Breakfast Puffs


I thought that I should at least aknowlege New Years so I made these babies in honor of 2010. Really I just wanted to eat something super yummy with lots of butter and sugar. Eating these while they are still warm will make your eyes cross because they are so amazingly good. PW never lets me down.
3 c. flour
3 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1 c. sugar
2/3 c. shortening
2 eggs
1 c. milk
For coating:
1 1/2 c. sugar
3 tsp. cinnamon
2 sticks butter

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease muffin pan. In a large bowl stir together flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg. Set aside. In a different bowl, cream together 1 c. sugar and shortening. Then add eggs and mix again. Add flour mixture and milk alternately to creamed mixture, beating well after each addtion. Fill prepared muffin cups 2/3 full with batter. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden. In a bowl, melt 2 sticks of butter. In a separate bowl combine remaining sugar and cinnamon. Dip baked muffins in butter, allowing 20 - 30 seconds for it to soak in and coat thoroughly. Then coat with cinnamon-sugar mixture. Serve warm.

1 comment:

Sadie said...

Why did I not know you had a recipe blog? I"m glad I found it! And do you photograph all of your food? Because the photos are amazing. You have a great eye... and camera. I'm jealous. My food photos always suck.