Monday, August 3, 2009

Potato Bundles


I'm always up for trying a Pioneer Woman recipe simply because she has never steered me wrong when it comes to food. I believe every word she says when it comes to food. I skimped on the butter in this one because I made her chocolate sheet cake with a pound of butter on Friday and was trying to make up for the ginormous caloric intake. Don't skimp, use the butter and the salt, do what the woman says!

6 whole Russet Potatoes
1/2 medium onion, chopped in large chunks
1 stick butter
1/2 c. heavy cream
Kosher salt to taste
Paprika to taste
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
2 Tbsp. fresh parsley, minced

Cut potatoes into large bite sized chunks. Pile potatoes and onions on a square of aluminum foil. Add 2 Tbsp. of butter, sprinkle with salt, paprika, pepper and parsley. LIGHTLY drizzle with heavy cream. Wrap bundles tightly and place on a cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 35 - 45 minutes. Serve bundles on dinner plate.

No comments: