Monday, August 3, 2009

Mini Meatloaf


I found this one on Stephanie's Kitchen. I'm not a big fan of beef. I'll eat it but I'm more of a white meat kind of girl. But I discovered that my 18 month old happens to love meatloaf, so hurray for that!

1 lb. ground beef
1 - 2 Tbsp. olive oil
1/2 an onion, chopped
1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 eggs
2 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
1/4 c. Italian seasoned bread crumbs
1/4 c. Parmesan cheese, shredded
1 Tbsp. tomato paste
salt and pepper
ketchup

In a small skillet, add olive oil and onions and cook until onions are soft. Add Worcestershire sauce and set aside to cool slightly. Ina a large bowl, whisk eggs. Add parsley, bread crumbs, cheese, tomato paste, salt and pepper. Mix together until well incorporated. Add ground beef and onions and mix with your hands just until combined. Do not over mix. Separate into 4 even patties and shape into loafs. Place on a baking sheet and cover tops of loafs with ketchup. Bake at 350 degrees for about 35 -40 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches between 155 to 160 degrees.

No comments: