Monday, May 9, 2011

French Coconut Pie


Since moving to the South I have been trying to unravel the mystery of pie. It is on every dessert menu in nearly every restaurant. People in the South seem to love pie. Now I have nothing against pie, it is a lovely dessert but I am more of a chocolate cake lover. But since making this my love affair with pie has begun. It was the short instructions and the word COCONUT that drew me to this recipe. (Coconut and I also have deep love for one another.) It has a consistency similar to pecan pie which I think the term is chess pie. That is irrelevant though because once you taste this you won't care about it's texture or color of the sky. This has easily made my top 5 favorite desserts. It may not look like much but, wow! I found it on the Tasty Kitchen blog.

3 whole eggs, beaten
1 1/2 c. sugar
1 c. flaked coconut
1 stick butter, melted
1 Tbsp. white vinegar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 pinch salt
1 whole 9" uncooked pie shell

Mix filling ingredients well and pour into the pie shell. Bake at 350 F for 1 hour.

No comments: