Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Evil Brownie Trifle

Wow, has it been a little while.   I do still cook and even bake occasionally.  However, since babe numero tres came along, time for food photography has been non existent.  And you know me, no picture no makey.  I did however get a chance to snap a little shot of these babies.  I won't disclose just exactly how much of this dessert I ate by myself but it was enough to make me realize I could probably eat nothing but this for the rest of my life and be completely happy.  A big thank you to Mirandi for this life altering dessert.

2 boxes of favorite brownie mix
1 jar caramel topping
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 bag Heath Toffee bits WITH Chocolate (or just crushed up Heath bars)
1 extra large container of Cool Whip  (I used heavy cream to make my own)
3-4 Tbsp cocoa powder

Prepare and bake brownies according to box directions.  Allow to cool completely.  Cut into small bite sized pieces.  Mix whipped cream and cocoa powder until well combined.  In a trifle bowl (this made enough for me to fill 2 large mason jars and a trifle bowl), layer brownies, sweetened condensed milk, caramel topping, chocolate whipped cream, and Heath bits 3times.  Chill through before serving.


No comments: