Thursday, January 14, 2010

Chocolate Frosting


I have found it. The chocolate frosting to replace all other chocolate frostings. I despise the chocolate stuff in the tubs. Refuse to touch it, let alone eat it. So I set off to find a frosting that would save me from the pain and suffering of tub stuff. After a LONG indepth search I discovered this recipe on allrecipes.com. AHHHHHH (me singing praises), this stuff is so good! Super creamy and fluffy. But not too fluffy. Just the right fluffiness. It is amazingly good I tell you.

2 3/4 c. powdered sugar
6 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
6 Tbsp. butter
5 Tbsp. evaporated milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract

Sift together the powdered sugar and cocoa and set aside. In a large bowl, cream butter until smooth, then gradually beat in sugar mixture alternately with evaporated milk. Blend in vanilla. Beat until light and fluffy. If necessary, adjust consistancy with more milk or sugar. Makes enough to frost a 9"x13" cake.

No comments: