Monday, November 3, 2008

Beef Stoganoff


1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1 c. water
1 lb. boneless beef sirloin steak strips
2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 can cream of mushroom soup
3 c. uncooked corkscrew pasta
1 can beef broth
½ c. sour cream

Heat oil in skillet then add beef, cook until browned, and juices evaporate, stirring often. Add soup, broth, water, Worcestershire sauce and pasta. Heat to a boil. Cook over medium heat for 15 minutes or until pasta is cooked, stirring often. Add sour cream. Heat through. Yields 4 servings.

*I usually use ground beef in place of the steak strips because I always have it. If I do not have corkscrew pasta I just replace it with cooked egg noodles and it is just as good. When substituting with cooked egg noodles, I only use 2/3 c. of water to keep the sauce from becoming too thin.

No comments: